上海验证小可乐 419

first_imgA DAY of exciting doubles culminated last evening with the Guyanese pair of Jody-Ann Blake and Trenace Lowe battling to a second-place finish in the final of the Women’s doubles, a part of the 61st Senior Caribbean Table Tennis Championships, which is currently being played at Cliff Anderson Sports Hall.Along with silver from Lowe and Blake, the host nation recorded two more medals yesterday. Lowe and Christopher Franklin finished with a Mixed doubles bronze after making it to the semi-final of that competition. Joel Alleyne and Nigel Bryan finished with a bronze in the Men’s doubles.Both bronze medal games were close battles. The two Guyanese captains, Lowe and Franklin, had the best chance of advancing to another final.The pair were actually ahead at 10-8 in the fifth set, but the Dominicans, Esmerlyn Castro and Isaac Vila, rallied back to close the game at 12-10. Incidentally, the same pair won the finals of the competition later in the night against Cubans Livan Martinez and Carrazana Fonseca.Jody-Ann Blake (right) goes for the kill during the women’s final last night.In the quarter-final, Franklin and Lowe had defeated the Barbados pair of Mark Dowell and Anthonette Riley (11-5, 11-6, 11-6).Guyana’s other strong teams in the competition were knocked out in the quarterfinals. Dominicans Santos Emil and Eva Brito defeated Bryan and Blake 3-1, while Joel Alleyne and Nathalie Cummings lost to Martinez and Fonseca by a similar margin.Meanwhile the pair of Bryan and Alleyne lost to Emil Santos and Samuel Galvez 3-1 in the Men’s semi-finals last night.The visitors stormed to an 11-6 win in the opener, but then the Guyanese pair, led by a pumped-up Alleyne rallied back to score six unanswered points.They closed that game at 11-6 after leading 9-3. In the third game, the home team led briefly before the Dominicans stormed back to an 11-7 win. The visitors looked set to finish the match with the score at 10-6 in the fourth game, but the local pair rallied back and scored three unanswered points before an unforced serving error by Bryan ended the battle.In the final, Dominicans Brito and Castro (who had just finished the Mixed doubles final) were able to muscle past Lowe and Blake 3-0 (11-6, 11-7, 11-8).Today the competition continues with the U-21 and Masters competitions.last_img read more

first_imgWellington Police notes for Tuesday, June 11, 2013:•8:41 a.m. Officers investigated domestic violence battery by a known suspect(s) in the 400 block S. C, Wellington.•8:41 a.m. Officers investigated domestic violence battery and criminal restraint of a known suspect(s) in the 400 block S. C, Wellington.•9:20 a.m. Non-Injury accident in the 200 block N. C, Wellington involving vehicles operated by Viola R. Patterson, 89, Wellington and Kathleen G. Long, 75, Wellington.•9:30 a.m. Viola R. Patterson, 89, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with fail to yield right of way.•10:03 a.m. Officers investigated a theft of a bicycle in the 800 block N. Woodlawn, Wellington.•11:40 a.m. Non-Injury accident in the 500 block W. 8th, Wellington involving vehicles operated by Mary L. Whitehead, 60, South Haven, Ks and Dorothy M. McComb, 76, Wellington.•11:50 a.m. Mary L. Whiteside, 60, South Haven, was issued a notice to appear charged with improper backing.•12:24 p.m. Officers investigated criminal damage to property in the 1000 block Shadylane, Wellington.•4:25 p.m. Officers investigated a theft in the 700 block N. B, Wellington.•5:05 p.m. Cynthia M. Hofmeier, 56, Oxford was issued a notice to appear charged with failure to yield right of way.•7:45 p.m. Non-injury accident in the 500 block Harvey, Wellington involving a vehicle operated by Lawrence B. Huddleston, 67, South Haven, and a legally parked vehicle owned by Scott D. Mcloughlin, Wellington.•8:15 p.m. Lawrence B. Huddleston, 67, South Haven, was issued a notice to appear charged with inattentive driving and no proof of liability insurance.•8:26 p.m. Kristin D. Branam, 29, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with child restraint violation.•8:48 p.m. Brian S. Boor, 21, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with speeding 40 mph in a 30 mph zone and expired drivers’ license.•10:32 p.m. Officers investigated a theft of a known suspect in the 2000 block E. 16th, Wellington.last_img read more

first_imgRiyad Mahrez then shot wide after a move that began with City playing a series of passes inside their own penalty area.And Aguero squandered an excellent chance in the 25th minute, hitting his shot against McCarthy after Sterling had accelerated past the hapless Targett.But overplaying at the other end almost proved City’s undoing.Ederson was nearly caught by Austin before dribbling round the striker. But he showed a mastery of the more conventional goalkeeping arts on the half-hour with a diving save to keep out Austin’s glancing header from a corner by Ward-Prowse.City did not heed the warning and Saints were level after 36 minutes.Oleksandr Zinchenko was slow to see Hojbjerg closing in on him and the Southampton captain robbed the Ukraine defender and strode forward before lashing the ball in from 15 yards.– City double stuns Saints –Zinchenko could count himself lucky that referee Paul Tierney did not see his barge on Ward-Prowse after 44 minutes as a penalty.And the home crowd were still complaining about that decision when City retook the lead on the stroke of half-time.Sterling forced his way down the left and fired in a low cross that hit the foot of Ward-Prowse and zipped between the surprised McCarthy and his near post.And the crowd’s disbelief was complete three minutes into first-half stoppage time when Aguero rose unchallenged by Jan Bednarek to nod Zinchenko’s cross under McCarthy.In the second half both sides went through the motions. City had the points they needed and Southampton were happy to avoid further damage to their confidence and goal difference. But even then City could have had three or four more goals.Sterling shot straight at McCarthy, Aguero hit the angle of the post and crossbar, and Mahrez blasted straight at the goalkeeper.Share on: WhatsApp Southampton, United Kingdom | AFP | Manchester City showed they are willing to accept the challenge of Liverpool in the race for the Premier League title with a 3-1 win away to Southampton on Sunday.Following shock defeats by Crystal Palace and Leicester, reigning champions City cut the gap between themselves and Premier League leaders Liverpool to seven points ahead of their meeting with the Merseysiders at the Etihad Stadium on Thursday.But they allowed a limited Southampton side back into the game after a dominating start, which suggests there are still frailties for Liverpool to exploit.David Silva put City ahead after 10 minutes but they passed up a number of chances to add to the lead and gifted Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg an equaliser in the 37th minute.For a period, Pep Guardiola’s side looked fragile, but a James Ward-Prowse own-goal and a header by Sergio Aguero just before half-time restored their confidence.Saints’ frustrations boiled over with a red card for Hojbjerg after a wild challenge on Fernandinho late in the game.Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl sprang a surprise in his team selection by giving a debut to 18-year-old former Chelsea starlet Kayne Ramsay at right-back.City should have gone ahead in the fifth minute when Jack Stephens allowed Raheem Sterling to steal possession and set up David Silva.But the City man tried to be too deliberate, with his shot blocked by goalkeeper Alex McCarthy.But Saints could also have taken a more surprising lead after eight minutes when Mohamed Elyounoussi’s clever flick over the City defence sent Charlie Austin clear.Austin’s first touch, however, was dreadful and sent the ball into Ederson’s grateful arms.Instead of being a goal up, the home side were behind within a minute.The left side of their defence was opened up with ease by a simple one-two, leaving Bernardo Silva clear of full-back Matt Targett and free to advance down the right. He had all the time he wanted to pick out the unmarked David Silva, who hit the ball first-time past McCarthy.last_img read more

first_imgSecurity video from St. Coleman Church on Pompano Beach shows a man tackling a deacon during a Saturday evening mass.Several other churchgoers ran to help as the man wrestled with the deacon on the floor.28-year-old Thomas Eisel was arrested on charges of battery and disturbing the peace.A Broward County judge ordered Eisel held without bond for violating his probation in a Volusia County case.It is unclear why Eisel attacked the deacon. The Archdiocese of Miami told WSVN the deacon suffered some bruises but is otherwise OK.last_img read more